Executive Director Search
The WAS Board of Directors seeks a leader who shares our vision and mission to serve as Executive Director. The Executive Director has the overall responsibility for implementing the mission, vision and strategic direction of WAS from our central office located in Mt. Pleasant, MI. Further information including application instructions are available by selecting the following link:
On behalf of the women who have been sexually or physically abused, as well as the children we serve, we want to thank you for your consideration in making a donation to Women’s Aid Service, Inc. All of our services are free to our clients, and your donations make our agency possible. Please join us in our mission to eliminate the effects of domestic and sexual violence in Clare, Isabella, and Gratiot counties.
Where will the money go?
Wish List donations are accepted 24/7 at the shelter
Current Wish List:
- Liquid measuring cups (kitchenware)
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
How W.A.S. can help with your fundraising activity:
- Information about your event, if approved, can be posted on our website and our Facebook page along with your contact information.
- We can provide limited supplies, including brochures and small giveaways when available.
- We can provide a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers.
- We can provide the Women’s Aid Service logo for approved promotional materials.
- We are happy to provide guidance and suggestions for event planning.
- We can offer assistance for individual / corporate sponsors that need to donate directly to Women’s Aid Service, Inc.
- We are unable to provide staffing support for third party events.
Thank you for your interest in raising funds for Women’s Aid Service. We are so very grateful for your gift of time and funds. Please contact us for more information. (“contact us” links to contact page)
Other ways to donate to WAS
- Cash or check
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard)
- Employee matching gifts – please check with your employer if they have a matching gift policy
- Gift certificates/card = e.g., grocery stores, etc.
- Attend a W.A.S. Prevention Education event
- Attend W.A.S. fundraising events
- Cell phones – we accept used cell phones
- In-kind donation of wish list items
Memorial and honorary gifts to Women’s Aid Service, Inc. are a unique way to honor a friend or loved one. Consider dedicating a gift to Women’s Aid Service on behalf of loved ones on anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, weddings or other special occasions. We will send a letter to let your loved ones or friends so they know of your gift. You can contact us at 989-773-7960, or you can send a check to the address below. Please include the name and address of the Honorary so we can inform them of your gift.
Women’s Aid Service, Inc.
P.O. Box 743
Mt. Pleasant, Michigan 48804-0743
If we unable to accept certain donation items at a particular time, please also consider donating items to our community partners:
Nazarene Church of Mt. Pleasant
1980 S. Lincoln Rd.
Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9am-12pm
Accepts clothing donations (men’s, women’s, children’s)
Community Compassion Network (CCN)
2420 E Broomfield Rd., Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Mobile food pantry
107 Illinois St.
(989) 386) 2774
Habitat for Humanity
201 East Pickard Street
1308 Burch St. – (989) 773-4663
1717 S Mission St. #A – (989) 772-7991
1313 S. Mission St.